Rules and Regulations (All Divisions)
The Devil’s Rugby Cup is hosted and sponsored by the Desert Southwest Athletic Club, LLC (DSWAC). The competition will be conducted under the auspices of the DSWAC Executive Committee, which shall be under the direction of the DSWAC Event Director(s). Their decisions in all matters shall be final.
The Devil’s Rugby Cup host a variety of competitive and open events each year including, but not limited to premier, open, exhibition and international divisions for sr. men/women, old boys, college men/women, and youth. Please visit the web site’s competition format page for current information.
The following provisions will govern event activities and are non-negotiable:
- Generally, the Devil’s Rugby Cup will be played under the current IRB Rugby Rules and Regulations with minor modifications, as appropriate.
- All clubs and individual players participating in the event must possess current club and individual player CIPP enrollment with USA Rugby and the specific Club with whom they will compete. Club and individual player enrollment status will be verified prior to competition.
- All players must possess a government-issued photo ID and be prepared to present it upon request.
- Upon your club’s registration your club and it’s players, coaches, members and representatives agree to indemnify and hold harmless DSWAC from and against any liability for injuries and/or damages of any kind.
- All teams participating in the Devil’s Rugby Cup must register in advance, and in accordance with the published event deadlines, via the event web site registration page.
- Registration is complete only when the online club registration has been accurately completed and payment has been paid in full. An email confirmation will be sent to the team contact once registration and payment (in full) are received and verified.
- Registered Teams may withdraw from the tournament prior to the 14th of November 2015 and be eligible to receive a 50% refund. However, the request to withdraw must be received in writing prior to the expiration of the refund period.
- Please note that refunds will not be issued after the 14th of November 2015. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Teams that are not present 7 minutes after desired kick-off time will forfeit the match.
Awards ceremonies will be conducted immediately following the completion of each division. Participating clubs are encouraged to remain just long enough to recognize those clubs that receive the event’s top honors.
Referees and Touch Judges
- Tournament referees are the responsibility of the event host/sponsor and will be provided and coordinated by the Director of the ARU Rugby Referees Association.
- The Referee shall be the sole judge of fact and law during the match.
- The Referee shall be the sole judge of any dispute regarding the Touch Judges signals.
- The Tournament organizers shall not be responsible for any dispute regarding the Referee’s decision on the field of play.
- Touch judges for the semifinal and final matches of the event shall be provided by the on-site Director of the ARU Referees Association currently officiating ARU matches.
- Touch Judges for the tournament games must wear a different color jersey from the participating players.
Players and coaches should be aware at all times that they are representing their clubs, schools, and their sport both on- and off-the-pitch. Your conduct will be on full view for current and future rugby players, rugby officials, and the general community. It is expected each of you will conduct yourself in a manner that will present the sport in a positive light.
- Failure to adhere to the highest levels of sportsmanship and conduct may result in disciplinary action against teams and individuals by ARU, SCRFU, and USA Rugby.
- All club and player disciplinary action taken during the event shall be reported to the appropriate LAU and US Rugby as appropriate.
- A player who receives a red card is immediately expelled from the remainder of the tournament.
- A player who receives a yellow card is suspended for his team’s next match.
- A player who accumulates two yellow cards during the tournament is expelled from the remainder of the tournament.
- All cards are subject to review by the Match Commissioner and the Head Match Official.
Facilities & Equipment
- Regulation pitches are desirable for all event matches.
- Standard size match balls will be provided for all event matches.
- Uprights for penalty, drop, and conversion kicks will be provided. Ground level posts will be padded for safety.
- An Athletic Trainers (ATC), Physicians, and student massage therapists will be available on-site as appropriate.
- General medical supplies will be the responsibility of the participating clubs.